Friday 22 January 2016

Life On Mars?








The first memory of David Bowie I have is hearing family concern over my older cousin Daryl having a Ziggy haircut and getting his ears pierced. My rather loathsome Grandma commented that he had gone a bit “weird”. I often think David would have had a quiet chuckle about this small act of subversion committed in his name.

It wouldn't be until years later that I fully fell under the spell of David and could see he was a true genius. I also realized he had unlimited creativity and was always going forward even if the results weren’t his best. It’s sad to think we live in a world without such boundless creativity but one thing is certain – we are all better for having him in it and for the rich body of work he has left us with. RIP David.

No comments:

Post a Comment